Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 5, 6, 7

I am so frustrated with Edublogs. They are slow as death (using a metaphor-Pink) and have lost some of my postings from the other day. I have not been slacking in my Blogging, just for the record. I decided to take Natalie's advice and just switch to Blogger. I was a bit resistant at first because I thought it would be a hassle but it turned out easier than I thought. In fact I think I even remember how to put it on the class page.

Okay, now that we have that all cleared up let me remember what I had put in the last log that went to syber space. I know it was a bit tricky to blog during the presentation on Monday. I was trying to listen and type at the same time. I know that for Rainbows End I got about half of the info that was presented. I thought I could multitask but this was a first time for me on the computer doing this kind of activity. The book did sound interesting with all of the futuristic things that could come about. I feel like you need to keep up with the times. I also feel as my typing skills improve blogging should go faster. On the second go around with blogging during the second presentation, I found myself taking things a bit slower. I listened more and blogged a bit less. Once I had a better feel for the presentation, I would blog more with everyone else. The World is Flat had some good points. It really connected to my book in the end. Sarah and I were looking at each other knowing that we knew what Brian and Conrad were talking about. It was great that we followed them with our book. A Whole New Mind gives lots of examples of how to be more creative and use your right brain thinking.

Today I was the Google Jockey, a bit stressful since I have never done it before but sometimes the only way to learn is to jump into it. I did find it a bit tricky to focus on what was being said and google at the same time. I had to check what I was googling to see if it matched what the discussion was about. Over all a good experience.

Our class presentations continued. Sarah and I had to finish our book. I really enjoyed the book. It makes you look at yourself and the ways you do things. I thought I was a right brain thinker but it seems I'm a bit of both.

I can't believe how much I have learned in this class so far. Although I need to play and visit more places on the internet. I really liked using Protopage for my project. I though it was going to be hard to figure out but it was easy when I got the hang of it. I didn't even ask my husband for much help.

No comments: